Grey Hub Trolley Wheels are designed to give long, trouble-free service with proper care and regular maintenance. It is at the user's discretion to establish maintenance inspection intervals based upon environmental conditions in the area of use. Light duty or infrequent use should follow quarterly inspection. Harsh or corrosive conditions and heavy duty cycles will require more frequent inspections.
General Inspection and Recommended Maintenance
- Riding Surfaces - Be sure operating track is clean and clear of obstacles. Inspect track and runway for peening and cracks which could lead to premature wear of wheel tread and cause failure of the axle and bearing due to uneven wear surfaces. DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED CAPACITY!
- Outer Wheel Surfaces - Check wheel tread and flange for excessive and uneven wear.
- Axles - Check for wear and stress cracks, and that the jam nut and lock washer are secure and in good condition. Inspect any grease fitting for leakage.
- Bearings and Raceways - Wheel should spin freely with only a small amount of resistance. Sluggish or frozen wheels indicate the possibility of a worn or seized bearing.
- Re-greaseable Wheels - Grey Hub wheels are supplied with a grease fitting and shipped pre-lubricated from our plant. We use a #2 Lithium EP lubricating grease. This grease is recommended for use in temperatures of -10 degrees to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.